The Cleaning Validation Engineer will develop, execute and report on cleaning protocols to support the manufacturing needs at a consumer healthcare facility producing OTC, and cosmetic products. Investigation and documentation of the resolutions of deviations is required. The position will report to the head of cleaning validation for the site in addition to the validation department manager.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Perform swab sampling and visual sampling
- Support non-cleaning validation projects as departmental needs dictate.
- Work with cross functional teams to determine project requirements and align schedules.
- Maintain training and knowledge of industry standards and practices.
- Drafted equipment cleaning SOPs for use by manufacturing personnel in daily operations.
- Serve as project team member to provide coordination between the operations, quality, laboratory, and validation departments.
- Execute projects designed to remediate audit observations.
- Train others in cleaning SOP practice on an as-needed basis.
- Engineering or science degree from ABET accredited university program.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years related experience within a manufacturing environment.
Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing:
- Excellent attitude, attention to detail and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Excellent documentation practices.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
Work Environmental & Physical Demands:
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to visit a Client’s office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
RPA Engineering is a professional engineering consulting firm offering comprehensive mechanical, electrical and process engineering, machine design, structural analysis services, project management, and CQV. Operating for more than 25 years, RPA provides high quality, cost-effective engineering and design services from its Wyomissing, PA headquarters; Pittsburgh, PA; Valley Forge, PA; Knoxville, TN; Venice, FL; and Durham, NC regional branches; and onsite corporate services. RPA Engineering was named in 2010 to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing U.S. based entrepreneurial companies. As part of the list, RPA Engineering was named as one of the top 100 Engineering firms in the country.
RPA Engineering is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: RPA Engineering is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with RPA Engineering. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at RPA Engineering via e-mail, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at RPA Engineering in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of RPA Engineering, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by RPA Engineering as a result of the referral or through other means.
Wyomissing, PA 19610