RPA Engineering is looking for an experienced mechanical engineer to support building and facilities projects in industrial, pharmaceutical, power settings. Ability to work independently and collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams. Strong MEP background.
- Field survey existing mechanical systems and equipment.
- Develop equipment location plans providing maintenance and personnel access.
- Engineering studies and calculations
- Detailed design documents and specifications
- Project cost estimates
- Bid evaluations and purchase recommendations
- Startup and commissioning of mechanical equipment
- Develop construction demolition and new work drawings complete with sheet notes and specifications.
- Interact with clients, managers, contractors, and colleagues within RPA.
- Four year mechanical engineering degree from ABET accredited university program.
- Familiar with ductwork, piping layouts, flow diagrams, schematics, specifications and details.
- Field work experience including field walkdowns, field measurements and field piping design.
- Familiar with various software suites such as MS Word, MS Office, Excel, Access, MS Project, AutoCAD and Revit.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industrial standards (i.e. NFPA, AIST, ANSI, ASME, etc.).
Work Environmental & Physical Demands:
- Ability and willingness to work additional hours on projects as required to satisfy client’s deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Capable of working independently and within a team framework.
- Sensitive to client’s needs and demands.
- Ability to work within project budget and schedule requirements.
- Excellent attitude, attention to detail and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
RPA Engineering is a professional engineering consulting firm offering all major engineering discipline services, including unique capabilities in Machine Design, Controls, High Stress Piping Analysis, and Commissioning and Validation Services. Operating for more than 26 years, RPA provides high quality, cost-effective engineering and design services from its Wyomissing, Pennsylvania headquarters, five regional offices, and onsite client services. For more information, visit RPA Engineering.
RPA Engineering is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: RPA Engineering is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with RPA Engineering. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at RPA Engineering via e-mail, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at RPA Engineering in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of RPA Engineering, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by RPA Engineering as a result of the referral or through other means.
Wyomissing, PA 19610