RPA Engineering is looking for an experienced project mechanical engineer/manger to lead multi-discipline, heavy industrial manufacturing projects on site for our client in Lancaster. Well-rounded technical expertise in industrial manufacturing projects within the metals industry is required. Experience in Aluminum processing, strip or plate rolling is ideal.
The position includes complete mechanical project responsibilities for heavy industrial applications including:
- Aluminum manufacturing and processing
- Process equipment and process piping systems
- Industrial ventilation equipment
- Steel-making & Hot-working Equipment
- Project management/leadership
- Engineering studies and calculations
- Detailed design documents and specifications
- Project cost estimates
- Bid evaluations and purchase recommendations
- Startup and commissioning of mechanical equipment
- Four year mechanical engineering degree from ABET accredited university program.
- Five years related experience in metals manufacturing plant equipment design, installation and commissioning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industrial standards (i.e. NFPA, AIST, ANSI, ASME, etc.).
- Familiar with various software suites such as MS Word, MS Office, Excel, Access, MS Project, AutoCAD and Revit.
Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing:
- Excellent attitude, attention to detail and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, while addressing various other production equipment and system issues. Number of assigned projects could typically range from 5 – 10 projects at the same time.
- Ability and willingness to work additional hours on projects as required to satisfy client’s deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills critical.
- Very good planning skills.
- Very strong collaborative skills.
- Capable of working independently and within a team framework.
- Sensitive to client’s needs and demands.
- Ability to work within project budget and schedule requirements.
RPA Engineering is a professional engineering consulting firm offering comprehensive mechanical, electrical and process engineering, machine design, structural analysis services, project management, and CQV. Operating for more than 25 years, RPA provides high quality, cost-effective engineering and design services from its Wyomissing, PA headquarters; Pittsburgh, PA; Valley Forge, PA; Knoxville, TN; Venice, FL; and Durham, NC regional branches; and onsite corporate services. RPA Engineering was named in 2010 to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing U.S. based entrepreneurial companies. As part of the list, RPA Engineering was named as one of the top 100 Engineering firms in the country.
RPA Engineering is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: RPA Engineering is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with RPA Engineering. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at RPA Engineering via e-mail, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at RPA Engineering in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of RPA Engineering, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by RPA Engineering as a result of the referral or through other means.
Wyomissing, PA 19610