Plans and directs all aspects of mechanical engineering activities with a focus on refrigeration processing. Ensures all mechanical engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization’s established policies and objectives. This individual must be capable of working in an interdisciplinary environment as a contributing team member and independently on a wide variety of projects.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others.
- Prepare engineering studies and schematic design for new central utilities systems.
- Field survey existing mechanical systems and equipment.
- Specify ductwork, piping, valves, insulation and support requirements.
- Develop construction demolition and new work drawings complete with sheet notes and specifications.
- Work with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- PE preferred.
- Familiar with the current ASME Codes, International Building Codes and NFPA.
- Familiar with various software suites such as MS Word, Excel, Access, MS Project, AutoCAD and Revit.
- Experience with pharmaceutical, such as chemical, varied power plant facility and production systems or manufacturing.
Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and client communication skills are important.
- Excellent attitude, attention to detail and relationship skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
Work Environmental & Physical Demands:
- Ability and willingness to work additional hours on projects as required to satisfy client’s deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Self disciplined.
- Capable of working independently and within a team framework.
- Sensitive to client’s needs and demands.
- Ability to work within project budget and schedule requirements.
RPA Engineering is a professional engineering consulting firm offering comprehensive mechanical, electrical and process engineering, machine design, structural analysis services, project management, and CQV. Operating for more than 25 years, RPA provides high quality, cost-effective engineering and design services from its Wyomissing, PA headquarters; Pittsburgh, PA; Valley Forge, PA; Knoxville, TN; Venice, FL; and Durham, NC regional branches; and onsite corporate services. RPA Engineering was named in 2010 to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing U.S. based entrepreneurial companies. As part of the list, RPA Engineering was named as one of the top 100 Engineering firms in the country.
RPA Engineering is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: RPA Engineering is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with RPA Engineering. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at RPA Engineering via e-mail, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at RPA Engineering in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of RPA Engineering, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by RPA Engineering as a result of the referral or through other means.
Wyomissing, PA 19610